Thursday, December 6, 2012

On the topic of the last class discussion I am strongly opposed to the "Big Brother" mentality of having my privacy be no more under cryptography and hacking as a guise of public safety. This gives unyielding and near absolute power to those who have little or no moral compass. I feel the ethical implications of cryptography are overlooked or swept under the rug by terroristic hoopla and groups of people creating mass hysteria over it. It is then easy to throw privacy into the wind with the exacerbated threat that anyone could be a terrorist when the truth is that most people aren't. The next extreme to listening in on people would be how to identify a terrorist. Like I said in class I hunt, if I look up guns and ammo on the internet that could be taken as a possible terrorist movement and next thing I know is that I disappear (Latin American History under the dictator Trujillo?). I don't like the invasion of privacy for safety, everyone becomes a terrorist at some point under this viewing.

As a class whole. I found it fun wrapping history, math, and ethics and their impact on culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment